Friday, November 2, 2012

My Birthday Run

Aug 31, 2012 by Andi Curenton
If you would have ever told me that I would go for a 5 mile run on my birthday I would have laughed hard and loud at you! But that's EXACTLY what I did!!! I got up at the butt crack of early to go run with my Team...my friends...my other family! It was a party the whole time! Another birthday that I get to celebrate. It's funny because I've alway's loved my birthday, I think that's part of me that will alway's remain kid like, because I get just like a little kid about it. The best present I get is being able to spend it with people I love and that's exactly what I did! The whole run was a party! We laughed and whooped and cut up. It was so much fun. And the best part is I got to run with my girls, they keep me going when I don't want to go....They help make me just that much better! And the best this about it is they were right there with me when I broke a new personal record.... I shaved 2.22 minutes off my mile! I ran 7.20 Miles in 1 hour 10 mins....talk about a great birthday present!!! I'm working so hard with training and fundraising so that one day we all can run for fun...not for a cure! My hope is that with each dollar that is raised cancer is one step closer to being cured! Please join my journey, every dollar really does matter, and count! Ask anyone that's been helped by the LLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment