Friday, November 2, 2012

1 Down!

Jun 01, 2012 by Andi Curenton Well Saturday May 26th was my first Training! And it's the first time I ran in a month. To start my morning I met my sister and off we went. I have have to tell you I don't know if I was more excited or nervous about my 1st training. As much as I love meeting new people, in this setting it's a bit overwhelming! Once we got there and EVERYONE was so amazingly awesome I was fine! Not one person there made me feel like the "new girl" and I love that. It's seriously like coming into a family with open arms. DLF- Dead last finish... that's me and I'm proud of it. The joke is we were saving the best for last. But reality is for my first outdoor run, coming off a leg injury and not running for a month I was STOKED when I crossed the finish line and got my Total time of 28.45 for a 2 mile run! That is MY Personal best!! And I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish. Tomorrow is my second training and my friend and running partner will be signing her papers to join the team and I can't tell you how excited I am for that! Facing my past and running to my Future! Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment