Monday, August 9, 2010

Rock On... Your 8!


This is my son's birthday card. He'll be 8 tomorrow 8/10. He's getting rockband for the wii so I wanted to make him a cool card that goes with it.

I cut the guitar's from Hannah Montana and I used a pearl glimmer mist that I've made myself on the blue guitar and the star from plantin. I then took a little bit of perfect pearl powder and dusted it over the star and guitar while it was damp from the mist.
On the red overlay I used a cherry ink and just gave it a quick inking. Around the whole card I inked the edges with brown just to cover the white core and to give it a little "grunge" look. It's not much but just enough.
Then I assembled all of the parts together. The wording is from calligraphy collection and I ran the blue through my xyron upside down then put the red letters on top of it then ran the whole thing through the xyron the right way.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I love that I can use Hannah Montana cart for my boys.

2 comments:

  1. What a great boy's card!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Good luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete