Sunday, September 25, 2011

Getting My Mojo Back






I got one of those annoying emails the other day, you know the one's... JUNK Mail...well I accidently opened it and boy am I glad I did. It was from Pink by Design and it had a 3D halloween project. So I watched the video and thought OMGoodness... I can do this with my Cricut....although the poor girl hasn't been taken out of the cabinet in over 5 months. Poor thing was getting ready to work and didn't even know it.

I used my deep housing blade for the first time and cut the base from cardboard, my 6 year old son is goes Oh I know your going to put a spider web on that right...Uh no, I wasn't but that's a BRILLIANT idea so yeah I am now. I cut the Spider web from Paper Dolls Dress up and attached it to the base. Then I inked it with Black Soot distress ink front edges and back. And Rock Candy stickled the web.

I made the Happy halloween from Black Letter and welded it together,and cut it 3 times. Once in chipboard, then in the green and orange paper. Sprayed it with glimmer mist and then I inked the egdes and grunged it up a bit then accented the green paper pop with Stickles in firefly.

I cut 1x12 and 1.5x12 strips scored them and then accordion folded them ATG'd them together.

I cut a galizillion 1 inch centers... I used the cardboard off the back of a paper pack for the back of the rosettes and solid papers to accent the front of the rosettes. I cut the images from paper doll dress up to fit in the centers.

Last I assembled the rosettes, and attached the sentiment with foam dimensional tape. And then started putting the rosettes on. It's a little lopsided but it'll work for now until I figure out how to fix it or where I can add more rosettes to even it out.

Hope you enjoy! It felt so good to craft again!!!

1 comment: